The Park Bench e-NEWSLETTER
- If you are a subscriber, the revised Park Bench e-newsletter will be arriving in your inbox on Feb 1 and will outline the changes to both the newsletter and the shift from CRC to NRC roles.
- If you have not yet subscribed to the e-newsletter, you can do so by clicking on the this link or copying and pasting the link to your web browser. http://www.edmonton.ca/programs_services/for_communities/the-park-bench-enewsletter.aspx
- Please note, the revised e-newsletter will no longer be district specific, but this info has not yet been changed on the website. You can still select one of the specific districts listed on the page, and your name will be added to the city-wide subscribers list.
Vacant Lots for Urban Agriculture
- This is a pilot program where an individual or group can purchase a permit/license to use a specified site for one season, April 1, 2018 to October 31, 2018.
- Visit the Vacant Lots for Urban Agriculture Webpage for more info.
Rain Garden in a Box
- As Edmonton grows, the city is faced with challenges in managing pollution into the North Saskatchewan River as a result of stormwater runoff from urban areas.
- You can help keep our city green by participating in the City of Edmonton’s Rain Garden in a Box project. A rain garden is a landscaped area that collects, absorbs, and filters stormwater runoff from rooftops, driveways, patios, and other hard surfaces that don’t allow water to soak in.
- Want to learn more about how to build a rain garden in your yard to capture your roof runoff? Read our how-to guide
- Register your rain garden, submit a question or request a lawn sign.